By putting the Yahoo email app for Android on your phone, you can now take a little bit of Yahoo with you wherever you go. The Yahoo Mail app is very flexible. You can connect it to multiple email accounts and even give each one a different look with a theme.
This article has instructions for Android 9 and 10, as well as Yahoo Mail version 188.8.131.525883.
How to Install the Yahoo Mail App for Android
It’s easy to put the Yahoo Mail app on Android. Just do what’s written below:
- On your Android device, open the Google Play Store.
- Type “Yahoo Mail” into the search bar, and then tap Yahoo Mail in the list of results.
- Tap Install. It might take a few minutes to install everything.
- When the download is done, tap Open.
Also Read: US tech majors promise billions to boost US cybersecurity infrastructure
With the green circle around the Yahoo app icon in the upper left corner, you can see how far along the installation is.
How to Set up a Mail Account in Yahoo Mail
You can also sign in with Google, AOL, or Outlook, but you still need a Yahoo account in order to sign in. After you sign in, you’ll be asked to change how your inbox looks. To “theme” your account, you can turn on Dark Mode and pick a color.
How to Add a Mailbox to Yahoo Mail App
You can also add other email accounts, like ones from Google, Outlook, AOL, or Yahoo. To add a new mailbox:
To get to the settings, tap the Profile icon in the top left corner.
- Put it in another box.
- Pick Gmail, Outlook, AOL, or Yahoo, type in your email address, and then follow the on-screen instructions. To finish using Gmail, you have to sign in on a browser window.
- You will be asked to give Yahoo Mail permission to do things.
- When you’re done, you can tap the Profile icon to see your Yahoo Mail account and your new mailbox right below it.
Customize Your Yahoo Mailbox Settings
You can also add other email accounts, like ones from Google, Outlook, AOL, or Yahoo. To add a new mailbox: In addition to picking a color theme for each account, you can also use some other cool settings to make the app your own. The Yahoo Mail interface is easy to use and nice to look at.
To change the bottom row of icons from any of your mailboxes:
- Tap the bottom row of dots that look like three lines.
- Tap Customize.
- To filter your views, you can move and change any of the icons that are currently showing. You can choose from Starred, Unread, Receipts, Travel, People, and Subscriptions.
- Drag the new icon to the one you want to replace until the color changes, then let go.
- When you’re done, tap Done.
How to Theme Each Mailbox With a Color
How to Use the Yahoo Mail App
The Yahoo Mail app is easy to use. To switch between accounts, all you have to do is tap the Profile icon. On the left side of each email is an icon, which makes it easy to see who sent it and if it’s important or just an ad.
There are many ways to use Yahoo Mail, such as:
- Swipe left, then tap Delete or Archive to get rid of an email.
- Mark as unread: To mark an email as unread, swipe right.
- Filters: To narrow down your views, use the icons at the bottom.
- To write a new email, tap the big pencil in the upper right corner.
- To get rid of an email, tap it to open it, then tap Delete or Archive at the bottom.
From the bottom icons, you can also move, forward, or mark it as spam.
Important: You will see ads come in from Yahoo Mail. You can eliminate these by signing up for Yahoo Mail Pro for $0.99 per month.