Entertainment

My Kitchen Rules is ‘over’: Seven’s once-unbeatable cooking show ‘will be axed’

My Kitchen Rules is cooked

After a season of disastrous ratings, Channel Seven’s once-unbeatable cooking show ended with a whimper on Tuesday night.

As reported by Mumbrella, just 553,000 metro viewers tuned in to watch siblings Jake and Elle Harrison win the $100,000 cash prize.

Nationally, this number grew to 873,000 viewers.

While these figures represented the highest of the season, MKR: The Rivals was still beaten by Australian Survivor: All Stars and Married At First Sight.

Survivor had a metro audience of 779,000 and a national audience of 1.041 million.

Meanwhile, MAFS had a metro audience of 1.075 million and a national audience of 1.454 million.

Falling behind: As reported by Mumbrella, just 553,000 metro viewers tuned in to watch siblings Jake and Elle Harrison win the $100,000 prize. While these figures represented the highest of the season, MKR was still beaten by Australian Survivor and Married At First Sight

Industry expert David Knox of TV Tonight said on Wednesday that MKR was ‘arguably now over’ after its disappointing 2020 season.

Breaking NEWS  Sony PS5 revealed: Everything about Play Station 5

Seven has now shifted its focus to a new original show Plate of Origin starring Manu Feildel, Matt Preston and Gary Mehigan.

Last month, a network insider told Woman’s Day MKR’s days were numbered.

End of the road? Industry expert David Knox of TV Tonight said on Wednesday that MKR was ‘arguably now over’ after its disappointing 2020 season. Pictured: MKR judge Colin Fassnidge

The show’s ratings were said to be untenable and Seven executives were ‘pushing’ to cancel it after 10 years on the air.

A source told the magazine: ‘MKR is no longer safe. There are people in power pushing to end the show for good.’

Facebook Comments

Similar Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *