Gary Lineker transforms his plush lounge into a makeshift TV studio ‘for the duration of lockdown’

Having only left the house twice in three weeks, football pundit Gary Lineker decided it was time to transform his lounge into a makeshift TV studio on Wednesday amid the COVID-19 lockdown.

Sharing a snap of his plus living room with camera and lighting equipment mounted in the forefront of the shot, Gary, 59, captioned the snap: ‘Front room is now a studio for the duration of this lockdown…’

He was sure to tack onto the end of the caption: ‘…however long that is!’

Lights, camera, action! Having only left the house twice in three weeks, football pundit Gary Lineker decided it was time to transform his lounge into a makeshift TV studio on Wednesday amid the COVID-19 lockdown

As the global health crisis rages on, Gary revealed he left his house for only the second time in three weeks on Wednesday as he went to the supermarket for supplies.

The former footballer put safety first on the outing as he sported a black face mask while waiting in the queue for the shop amid the coronavirus lockdown.

The BBC broadcaster said he was pleased to see that other shoppers were adhering to social distancing guidelines as he was ‘taking no chances’ with his health. 

Sharing a snap of his plus living room with camera and lighting equipment mounted in the forefront of the shot, Gary, 59, captioned the snap: ‘Front room is now a studio for the duration of this lockdown…’ He was sure to tack onto the end of the caption: ‘…however long that is!’

Breaking NEWS  Storm and Ronan Keating welcome infant girl Coco Knox

Alongside the photo, Gary wrote: ‘2nd time out of the house in 3 weeks to get some food supplies. I’m taking no chances. 

‘Great to see people respecting the social distancing and everyone good natured.’

The sports star has kept his followers up to date on his daily lockdown activities, frequently sharing clips of himself cooking to his Instagram Stories.

Gary self-isolated in his home for two weeks after his son George started to show symptoms of coronavirus. 

Precautions: Gary left his house for only the second time in three weeks on Wednesday as he went to the supermarket for supplies 

George, 28, informed his father that he thought that he may have contracted the potentially deadly respiratory disease after he lost his sense of taste and smell.

Taking to his social media, Gary – who has four sons, George, Harry, 26, Tobias, 24, and Angus, 22, with his ex-wife Michelle Cockayne, explained what had happened.

He said: ‘In self isolation as @GeorgeLineker has symptoms. They’re not the regular ones, but complete loss of sense of taste and smell.

‘Odd these have not been pointed out much. Been nearly a week and has spent time at mine. I’ve been vigilant, hand washing/distancing but isolation it is.’

Family Gary self-isolated in his home for two weeks after his son George started to show symptoms of coronavirus (pictured with George) 

Breaking NEWS  Pregnant Sadie Robertson Shows She had been'Very Sick' and Hospitalized using COVID-19

He continued: ‘Worth being careful if you lose your sense of taste and smell. You could unknowingly have the virus. I checked all this with a doctor before sharing the information. Stay safe.’

He also shared a picture of some ingredients and wrote: ‘As I’m going to be at home alone for a while, I’d better use my fresh stuff before I dive into my freezer. My take on an Amatriciana.’

George showed how bad his symptoms were on social media by uploading a video of himself downing a glass of vinegar, saying he couldn’t smell or taste it.  

It comes as Gary recently came to the defence of footballers amid criticism of their unwillingness to take pay cuts through the coronavirus crisis.

Premier League players are fighting against their wages being slashed by 30 per after the PFA met with the top-flight’s organisers.

Speaking out: Gary recently hit back amid criticism of Premier League footballers not taking pay cuts (pictured in November 2018) 

Health secretary Matt Hancock took a dig, saying: ‘Given the sacrifices that many people are making, including some of my colleagues in the NHS who have made the ultimate sacrifice, I think the first thing that Premier League footballers can do is make a contribution, and play their part.’

Footballer’s huge wages are commonly derided, but Gary believes scrutiny should be moved elsewhere. 

‘Why not call on all the wealthy to try and help if they possibly can rather than just pick on footballers?,’ he told BBC One.

Breaking NEWS  Kanye West formally becomes a billionaire based on Forbes account

‘They’ve always been easy game in many ways. Nobody seems to talk about the bankers, the CEOs, huge millionaires. Are they standing up? Are they being asked to stand up? We don’t know.

Opinion: Health Secretary Matt Hancock hit out at players over their lack of action amid the crisis 

‘Footballers do an extraordinary amount of good in the community, lots of them will already be giving in their own silent ways and I know that plans are afoot to make their contributions to society.

‘The players I’ve spoken to are all desperately keen to do it. The problem is how you do it. It’s obviously complicated and it takes time. People are always quick to jump on the judgemental high horse, certainly when it comes to footballers but lots of them do lots of really good things and I’m sure they’ll continue to do so.

‘I expect an announcement to come in the next few days, the next week or so.’

Players are reportedly ready to make significant financial sacrifices to aid the coronavirus effort, but are unhappy with the their money being streamed straight back to club owners.

Defense: Gary claimed to know top-flight players who are ‘desperate’ to contribute to the cause 

Facebook Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *