13. Her first important big-screen part came from the 1995 play My loved ones, led at Gregory Nava. Regardless of being uncredited because of the portrayal of all Young Maria, she also received an Independent Spirit Award nomination for Best Actress Female anyhow. She dropped to Mare Winningham.
14. Back in 1997, she also landed the part of a life, playing dead Tejano singer Selena Quintanilla at Selena. Despite having worked Nava, who directed the movie, she was nevertheless subjected to an extreme auditioning process. Her wages to the film was $1 million, which makes her highest-paid Hispanic star in history at that moment.
15. The filming of this film’s concert scenes gave the itch to engage in a recording career. “Once I’d Selena, everything came back again, with that interaction with the enthusiasts and the people, and that you do not get in films,” she told the Los Angeles Times at 1999. “I overlooked that very considerably. I missed the joy of this point, which I had early in my career with all the musical theatre.”
16. About February 22, 1997, she wed husband No. 1, Cuban server Ojani Noa. They had been married under a year.
17. Despite their short marriage, he has remained a thorn in her side for many years, forcing her to sue him 2006 to stop him kind publishing a book in their marriage, asserting that it violated his confidentiality agreement. The subsequent year, a court-appointed arbitrator issued a permanent injunction prohibiting him by”criticizing, denigrating, projecting at a negative light or disparaging” his ex-wife.